Welcome to my own little spot of blog space. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will check back often to see what kind of craftiness I have going on in the world of scrapbooking, card making and general crafting.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A little sadness...

I am often caught without the words to express how I feel.   But I hope that through my crafting others know how much they mean to me and how much I care about them.  

As an example, after hearing the news that our dear friends mother passed away, my husband was able to travel right away to be with them.  I stayed for work and for our son to finish the school week.  We followed as soon as school was out on Friday but in the meantime -- at night -- I grieved in my craft room.  I tried multiple times to make a card, nothing seemed right....then  I remembered how much she enjoyed a framed scrapbook page that I made featuring her and her kids and came up with this...



I was honored when the family included this on the memorial table celebrating her life.  


To create this I used a frame that I got at Hobby Lobby (50% off), some Pearl Coredinations Gemstones card stock (my new favorite card stock!!), the Silhouette using a true type font, some black vinyl, a Basic Grey "bling it" rhinestone sticker, ribbon, some flowers and ColorBox Charchol ink.


Please remember to tell the ones you love, that you love them - and tell them often!!


Thanks for stopping by, next up....a "Class of 2012" personalized scrapbook album cover.

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to stop and comment! I love reading each and every comment!