Welcome to my own little spot of blog space. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will check back often to see what kind of craftiness I have going on in the world of scrapbooking, card making and general crafting.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

A "Classic" Birthday Card for Dad!

If you are looking for the Valentine's Day Card Blog Hop look HERE!


I can't tell you how long it's been since I made my dad a handmade personalized birthday card.  Last year I was preparing for surgery on his birthday after not being in a good place since December (everything is GREAT, now).  Before that I worked at a major card company and hadn't made my own cards for years!!!  

I recently created a 50's layout inspired by a Club CK One Hour Challenge.  The challenge was to create a layout inspired by a TV show or movie.  You can see the layout here.  While I was working with the classic car, I thought that it would be perfect for a birthday card for my step-dad, Dewey!  I'm so excited that I get to see him in a few weeks! 



  Foam tape was used on the "Route 66" sign and the car to add dimension. 

On the inside. 
Font: CK Racer

I love the silver metallic Recollections cardstock for the accents.  
I buy several sheets each time it is on sale. 
I hope there is another sale soon, I only have a partial sheet left!


Recipe
Cricut Cartridge: Nifty Fifties
Cuttlebug embossing folder: Seeing Spots
Font: CK Racer
Cardstock: Textured Black ( The Paper Company ),  
Silver Metallic (Recollections), Teal (The Paper Company)
red, white and checkerboard are unknown, they were from my scrap pile
Black glaze pen for the tires

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love your design. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for leaving me comments on my blog the other day (mybugandmecreate) you asked about the book I have and where I got it.. I MADE IT :) GO to my blog again and see a posting about my craft room on I believe is 20 Jan 2012. The skin tone color is from the RGB's R-255 G-220 B-177 I typed in RGB codes and looked into various sites and found this called Skintones color chart. e-mail me at parkernana5@cox.net and I will give more details... or on fB doris parker (haysville, ks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very nice! Thanks for joining the Die Cuttin Divas challenge this week.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card Hattie! I always have a hard time thinking of a card for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Hattie.Love the colours and dimension.
    Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    www.jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card! You really have achieved a wonderful vintage look with this!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool card! I really like the color combination. I need some of that metallic paper. Thanks for entering your card in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop and comment! I love reading each and every comment!