Welcome to my own little spot of blog space. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you will check back often to see what kind of craftiness I have going on in the world of scrapbooking, card making and general crafting.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's HOT Outside!!

This week at Coooking With Cricut (CWC) our theme is very fitting to the weather we are experiencing here in KC!  This week our theme is: 


For this week I selected this photo of Daulton at the pool to make a summer colored 12x12 scrapbook layout using Cricut's Life's A Beach cartridge.


 The base of the beach ball was cut in white, then the accents were cut using 4 different colors.  A little time consuming but I think the result was worth it!! 
I love this patterned cardstock, it has lines of shimmery bright colors! 



Layered some stickers and used my Glaze pens for the little journal spot.  (I am sad to report that one of my FAVORITE Glaze pens exploded!!!  There was pink/purple everywhere in my pen case.)  Now I have to try to find one to replace it without buying the entire package.  Although I like all of my Glaze pens.....it was one of my favorites. 


 Chipboard letters from my stash.  A few of them are popped up using foam tape for dimension. 




I smile (and even giggle out loud) EVERY time I look at this picture of my DS and his green goggles.  He loved his green goggles almost as much as the pool itself!  


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to head on over to CWC and link up your project to celebrate fun things to do in and around water!  I can't wait to see what you create!

2 comments:

  1. What a great LO to commemorate your son's summer love, Hattie! Love the dimension on your title, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the giant beach ball. The picture is so cute with your son and his goggles. Love the way you did the title too. A great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop and comment! I love reading each and every comment!